Warehouse / Driver
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, hands on and take great pride in their work. Must communicate effectively and kindly to all office & field staff, work well with construction challenges, and both offer and receive suggestions to improve performance. We are seeking an individual who thrives on building effective business relationships, has a customer-driven focus and strong follow up skills. If you like problem solving, and offer solutions rather than negativity, this job could be for you. Construction changes daily which often results in daily routine changes.
Duties and responsibilities
Warehouse Operations & Inventory Management:
*Report directly to Purchasing Agent
*Work with Purchasing Agent for scheduling of deliveries
*Work with Tool Inventory System – Computer Based Program.
*Repair basic tools, extension cords, etc (Handy man type items)
*Manage Fleet of 30-40 vehicles and pieces of equipment
*Oversee shipping and receiving operations
*Allocate necessary space for stock rotation.
*Help with pulling materials and order fulfillment process
*Control Inventory levels and product loss control, Secure company assets.
*Maintain a safe environment and the physical conditions of the warehouse
*Coordinate movement of material in warehouse with team members, Purchasing Agent.
*Maintain 100% inventory accuracy on stock shelves (with routine physical counts)
*Develop plan for organizing warehouse based on highest industry standards
*Prioritize receipts / shipments for same or next day delivery to ensure customer satisfaction
*Manage freight and warehouse budget with the goal of being under budget
*All other duties as assigned
*Use innovation and implement new processes and procedures that are focused on improving efficiency within the organization
*Lead with a focus on process improvement
*Knowledge of electrical parts/pieces
*Must know how to operate a forklift
*Able to pass Drug Test at Interview.
*Basic Mechanical ability and knowledge of common tools is a must.
*Have Current and Clean DMV Drivers License/Record
*Be proficient with computers and programs such as MS Office (Outlook, Excel, MS Word)
*Must be very organized.
*Must be team orientated
*Ability to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment
*A high level of motivation, self-management, and effective interpersonal skills
*A strong work ethic with a positive “team” attitude and one who is flexible and takes pride in the quality of their work
*Ability to lift up to 100 pounds
• Research, and Download Construction documents for projects out to bid.
• Prepare/Complete Bid packages, Insurance Certificates, DVBE (Disabled Veterans Business Enterprise), and Pre-Qualifications.
• Manage our online Bid Board (Bidmail). Upload projects daily along with updates to each project.
• Requesting quotes from vendors for projects out to bid and assist with project close out.
• Maintain a close relationship with vendors/contractors making sure they/we have all documents pertaining to bids.
• Schedule job walks and meetings.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, hands on and take great pride in their work. Must communicate effectively to office staff, purchasing and clients for successful projects. We are seeking an individual who thrives on completing tasks efficiently, and on-time. Strong multi-tasking and problem solving with customer-driven focus and strong follow up skills.
* 100% Drug & Alcohol Free work environment
* Standard hours M-F, 7:30-4
* Team Oriented- ability to work with and motivate others
* Complete tasks on time
* Problem solving and ability to make quick intelligent decisions
* Strong computer and Microsoft program skills along with ability to learn new programs quickly
***Must be fluent in Outlook, Excel, Word, and Standard MS Programs.
* Positive attitude
Responsibilities (not limited to):
* Receive and respond to RFP’s and bid invites
* Understand and work well with PDF software
* Monitor and control documents on multiple projects
* Support project estimators
* Work with Project Estimators – quote requests, quotes received, RFI’s, bid forms, project organizing.
* Worked directly with Estimators during estimating/ bidding process
* Ability to work un-supervised
* Ability to self-motivate and follow through to completion
* Prior use of MS Access, Accubid Pro is a plus
Currently looking for Commercial Electrical Foremen to run Large Project(s). Our Foremen are “Working Foremen” that have the experience and drive to get any project done with crews from 1-20 personnel. We are looking for Team Members, not another number out in the field
Certified Journeyman Electrician(Minimum 8 years’ experience as JW)
Able to pass Drug Test at Interview.
Live Scan background check- Able to Work on School Projects
3 Years minimum experience in Electrical Foreman role, not just Lead Man Position.
Verifiable Large Project completion / experience.
Strong understanding of Commercial Electrical Projects utilizing Plans/Specifications/Submittals.
Hold current Drivers License and clean Motor Vehicle Report.
Technologically Evolved- Smart Phones, Laptops, Tablets, Microsoft Office Programs.
Current MVR from DMV must be sent in or be brought in with you.
Resume or Application emailed works best, or faxed – (619-858-2318)
Highly competitive compensation packages available, compensation will be based upon individual’s experience.
We Are an Equal Opportunity Employer
8137 Winter Gardens Blvd
Lakeside, CA 92040